Information for Master degree study programme
|OVERVIEW||The content of the programme adequately correspond the most recent advances in science, art and technology. Students are acquainted with the theory and practice of creative activities, improvisation, artistic project management, art marketing, and research methodology. Students are free to choose composers from various eras (including the latest) and nationalities for their final examinations and the final project. Graduate students are encouraged to pursue the most modern forms of performance, which helps them integrate into and position themselves within the context of the contemporary art scene.
It must be also noted that master classes are led by the most regarded virtuosos in their fields and numerous visiting professors. It truly improves the students’ familiarity with the latest and the most unique artistic developments.
The lecturing pedagogues are active and acknowledged artists with national and international acclaim. They are members of various associations and bring a high level of competence. The professional competence is an important factor in fulfilling the purpose of the programme. Some of the lecturers belong to international organizations which are related to their professional or organizational activities.
Specializations: Accordion, Jazz-Singing, Piano, Piano – Accompaniment, Scenic Genres Singing, String Instruments (Violin, Guitar), Chamber – String Instrument (Violin, Guitar), Chamber – Winds Instrument (Clarinet, Flute, Trumpet), Wind Instrument (Clarinet, Flute, Trumpet).
Area of studies: Сreative Arts and Music
Faculty: Music Academy
Name of Qualification: Master of Music, Performer
|Feedback of lecturers and students||“Music Academy of Vytautas Magnus University is a full-fledged member of the European Association of conservatoires, is active in other international organizations. Music Academy degree programmes are accredited by international experts. Our students are employed in Lithuania and the European Union concert organizations”.
Doc. Dr. Saulius Gerulis, dean of Music Academy
|Competencies acquired||· Analyse and evaluate artistic and creative processes and the developing areas of music (creation, comprehension, usage and spread) as a part of culture;
· Prepare an artistic performance by making use of a provided repertoire;
· Perform different styles, genres and forms of music while displaying one’s own individuality along with the composer’s;
· Perform in various cultural and social environments and projects;
· Compare performances of different artists and compositions,
recognize, analyse and compare elements of music from different eras and genres;
· Be able to present the relevant details of a composition’s historical context to the listeners and other performers.
|Career opportunities||Graduates will be able to work in the following professional fields of work:
· Play; sing in ensembles, musical collectives.
· Perform roles, play in an orchestra or sing in a choir at various theatres.
· Establish their own ensembles, musical collectives.
· Pursue personal pedagogical practice of preparing.
· Pursue personal pedagogical practice of teaching adults who want to learn an instrument or improve their vocal skills.
· Pursue a solo career.
· Take part in musical projects.
· Continue studying at the doctoral level.
· Write educational or professional papers for websites and musical journals.
|Contacts||Music Academy (inquiries regarding study programme)
Vice-dean for international students Dr. Eilina Dailidienė, email@example.com
Address I V.Čepinskio g. 5, room 433, LT- 46257, Kaunas, Lithuania
Website I www.ma.vdu.lt/en
Contact person for international students Department Tutor Greta Stasytienė, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address I V.Čepinskio g. 5, room 401, LT- 46257, Kaunas, Lithuania
Website I www.ma.vdu.lt/en
International Cooperation Department (inquiries regarding application and admission)
E-mail I email@example.com
Visiting Address I V. Putvinskio g. 23, Room No. 211 LT-44249 Kaunas, Lithuania
Mailing Address I K. Donelaičio g. 58, LT-44248 Kaunas, Lithuania
Website I http://www.vdu.lt/en/
Pinterest I https://www.pinterest.com/vytautasmagnus/
|· Bachelor of Music degree and professional qualification of an artist. Applicants to the Performing Arts programme must be graduates of bachelor studies belonging to the same or related field.
· Proof of English Language: applicant has to present document proving B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicant had not received education in English. After admission all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If English level will be below B2 students have to study English to reach B2 level in first two semesters of Master studies. Students have to self-fund English studies.
· Portfolio (playbills of concerts, list of CD, links of musical activities, etc.)
· Bachelor degree diploma video (while applying the link of video can be indicated in the CV or portfolio).
· Admission score is counted based on:
Arithmetic average of all subjects of Bachelor’s degree diploma* 0,2 + the artist’s portfolio delivery* 0,1+ motivation letter * 0,3 + diplomas of international competitions* 0,1 + bachelor degree diploma examination video (should be indicasted in CV) * 0,3.
Note: After admission and arrival at Vytautas Magnus University for studies at Music Academy audition will be organized. If the performance level is not sufficient to study, studies might be terminated.
|APPLICATION & ADMISSION||Application and admission procedure http://www.vdu.lt/en/studies/degree-studies/application-and-admission-procedure/
Apply now https://vytautasmagnus.dreamapply.com/